Monday, February 16, 2009

pain

this morning in Hong Kong I went out for a bike ride and, while almost reaching home, a car did not respect a "Stop" sign and hit me. I almost avoided the crash but it was unavoidable to hit the car and fell on the asphalt.
Scratches and a contusion on hip and elbows, pain...

but you know what was the most amazing: I was laying on the road and the female driver who hit me come out from the car and almost insulted me: "why did not you let me go ? I was already coming out and you come very fast... you were going too fast... it was your fault"
Well, my immediate idea was to smash the pump on her face, but I refrained myself thinking that I would have done the things wrong... so I had to explain her that "if there is a STOP sign, she must stop and let me pass, regardless on her opinions on who was first... and about going too fast, the speed limit in the area is 50kmh so it was unlikely that I was going faster then that..."

worthless to dispute with such an asshole... we called the Police 999. Later she did change approach once she got her driving lesson from the Policemen....

I wonder why car driver can be so assholes... they do not realize that jumping a STOP could kill a cyclist, regardless of their ideas on the occupation of the road.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is no excuse for such reckless driving across "STOP" signs without a stop. Whenever I drive towards junctions with STOP signs, it's automatic response to reduce speed, check the traffic and stop before I have to go. There is no right of way when your car steps on STOP signs. Obviously, that lady drove recklessly.

Andrew said...

I'm glad it wasn't worse! Heal up.

by7 said...

luckily the pain is healing, but I am still limping.

It was a typical accident where the drivers seems to totally lack of respect for other road users...
the driver saw me clearly and nevertheless she turned in anyway because I guess her concept was that bikes are only slow moving objects which usually gives way to cars in all circumstances..