Monday, April 6, 2009

Update / aggiornamento

ENGLISH:
From now on, I will try to add also a Italian version of the posts because more and more running friends from Italy are keen to read this blog in native language.
Then in short:
- tendons: not any remarkable improvement. Out of bed, I walk crippled around like a old grandpa. Also a small walk lets me painful. I do make eccentric stretching daily.
- biking: 6 times/week... Around 30km each time. Shall I think about racing again ?....
- morale: stationary and resigned to the fate....
- weight: slight increase. The trip to Italy did not help... But I have some great restaurant to recommend around Treviso.
I also come home with 30lbs of italian delicacies stored in the suitcase (Parma Ham, Parmesan, etc), so now I must eat..

ITALIANO
Per accontentare I lettori italiani che mi hanno chiesto di bloggare in Italiano, d'ora in poi cerchero' anche di "postare" in Italiano (Oddio, dopo 10 anni all'estero Il mio lessico sta precipitando..)
- tendini: nessun miglioramento significativo. La mattina appena alzato sembro un nonnetto zoppicante. Anche dopo una camminata, I'll dolore si fa persistente. Faccio esercizi di streching eccentrico.
- bici: 6 volte alla settimana, 30km alla volta.
- morale: cosa posso dire... Ormai I'll termine piu' adatto e' rassegnato..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I have been following your blog for quite a while and realized you may have a condition which is more general than just a simple injury. I am a runner as well and last year got diagnosed with a core injury by a sport doctor that turned out to be in fact the auto-immune disease Ankylosing Spondylitis. I haven't run since then, even though I am improving a lot and can start seeing the end of the tunnel. One thing you may consider is to change your lifestyle: avoid drugs, get more sleep, eat an improved diet (cheese cannot do any good to you).
Michel - michelrunner@trashmail.net

Andreadicorsa said...

dai fatti coraggio e non rassegnarti, proprio tu che mi ha sostenuto molto ultimamante dev iessere più forte degli acciacchi!! vedrai che passeranno.
grazie x i files che mi hai spedito, mi consigli di iniziare subito a fare gli esercizi oppure è meglio aspettare un pò che vada via l'infiammazione? a fare certi movimenti sento ancora male. ho deciso di andare in palestra 2-3 volte la settimana, c'è un bravo istruttore che mi ha detto che se voglio mi insegna bene tutti quei tipi di esercizi per la parte alta del corpo.
infine grazie x la traduzione così mi darai modo di seguire con più regolarità e capire meglio le tue vicende.
forza!!!!!

by7 said...

@ Michel: thank you for the suggestion. But I am not clear on what you mean in practice...
how could be a tendinitis (related to overtraining and my poor biomechanics), connected with my diet ?
(I know for sure that I should have slept more and got more recovery...)

@Andrea: posso solo dire grazie.
Per gli esercizi, fai solo quello che non ti fa male.
Gli esercizi che ti ho inviato sono molto impegnativi (io non riesco nemmeno a completare una routine...) e falli solo quando sei OK. In palestra puoi fare altri tipi di addominali (classico addominale, con gambe piegate e tenute ferme), che interessano solo la parte alta del "core", quindi lasciano in pace la zona dove hai problemi.

Andreadicorsa said...

ok, ti ascolterò, ti auguro un prontissimo recupero.
p.s. certo che è bello andare in bici, eh? e proprio una bella consolazione

Sling Runner said...

by7 - since you are in HK, have you considered Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)? There are usually a master practician who are experts in tendon & bones. The treatment hurts a lot but quick. some physiotheraphist also recommends accupunture to reduce the inflamation.

Enjoy the ham !

by7 said...

@ sling:
yes, the physioterapist also do acupunture. I would say it is very effective in the short term (after the session, the pain is completely gone for a period).
He follows this routine:
- massage to the calves and lift-ups of the tendon
- agopuncture
- laster therapy
- ultrasound
- Kinesio taping