Friday, January 7, 2011

Year Start .... badly

There is a saying like "if you do something on January 1st, you will do it all your long"....

So I must really fight my negative thought about getting up from bed on 1/1/11 and being injured !!

I felt a kind of swollen area in the lower section of the "anterior tibialis". I went to a jog but it was worse, so I bailed out and started with RICE...
When I dorsiflexed my right feet, I felt a sharp pain in the shin and even walking was hard...
In short, I did not run until this morning (5 days...), did some cycling, swalled some Voltaren and iced daily...
The pain was less and less every day and today I was able to run 11km, even if my HR was much higher than it should have been...

Now, Sunday is HK Half Marathon Champs, so I am not going to miss it anyway, but a big question mark on my performance. A pity.... because I closed 2010 in excellent shape.
Let's see on Sunday

NOTE: if you want to pick-up your next race and want a good competition, read this ranking of worlds races

No comments: