Thursday, January 20, 2011

Escaped from the Great China firewall

I did not blog for a while because suddenly I found that my work PC's gateway was moved from a HK server to a server in China... So I was caught inside the "great China firewall" and no more blogs, no more foreign news, no more youtube and so on and no more of any website which use a dynamic IP....

Well, not that I spend my working time blogging or reading news on the net, but in a "factory life" the work desk is also the refuge for spending the time after work... usually there is no much to do outside and we do not have our family here, so it is not unusual to stay in office until very late (9 or 10pm) to enjoy the facilities: PC, air-con environment....
the fact that my PC was connected to a HK server gave me also the special privilege to escape all the limitations of internet in China...while if I surf from home I become a common china citizen for whom any search on google give a blank page...

All said, I begged my IT guy to find a solution to get my PC out of exile... and here it is... free again

So more about running in the next occasion

1 comment:

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Not many people can say they escaped over the great 'wall' of China and lived! LoL [lots of laughs, in Liverpool speak].
Is it a good thing to protect their people from the dreadfulness of the western world ? maybe so :]
Anyway I would miss your blogging, so keep being a rebel until they cut your head off with a sharp Samurai sword!!!
Live in honour, die in honour!