Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cold, freddo, frio ! And shattered legs







This is the temperature here this morning....
For a town located at the Tropic is really cold, compounded by a cold drizzle...
I know that compared to North Dakota o Sweden I am in a paradise, but the issue is that house DO NOT have any heating system and insulation. So 3C outside, 3C also in the bedroom or while you step out from the shower....

With this weather I felt better going out running than staying at home, at least there was some endogenous heat production.
The problem is that I come out from the Half Marathon really shattered: Monday I could not even walk downstairs and I opted for riding a stationary bike in the gym (honestly very shameful for a former hard core cyclist...).
Tuesday it was not much better and so I gave it a miss...
This morning, I ventured out in Dongguan before sunrise in total obscurity and it was slightly better but I was basically shuffling....

Being so shattered after an hilly race does not give me good signs for the HK marathon (which is very hilly). So from now on I will focus more on hilly courses and uphill/downhill training....

No comments: