Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Moving #2

This is my personal tribute to the street where I was "born again" as runner.

In the fall of 2006 I was really underperforming and not improving.
At the time, I trained under the motto "run less, run fast"...
I also did not like at all to go running outside in Dongguan, more than happy with running on treadmill + track. Obviously it is impossible to make mileage on a 300m track ...

Somehow I understood my mistakes, changed my training habits and also did venture outside to find a quieter street to run. I started to run back and forth on the same street for a month every morning, forcing to win myself out of bed and run in a dark street (no street lightening...).

This is that street
(photo taken at 5.30am ... that's why is so quiet... after 7.00am it is so trafficked that you would not even dare to cross the road).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: