Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hill TT report

So Sunday morning I lined up for the Hill Time Trial to FeiNgoShan...

Well, the real challange was to reach the starting line, because between one-way roads and crazy restrictions from HK Police and the organizer, I had to park my car at 5.30am on the top of the mountain and ride down in a chilly morning already wearing the racing kit...
Since it was a 10km ride to the start line, I had to carry pump, spare tube, documents, etc... so I felt a bit weird to get on the starting block of a TT with a pump/tube in the rear pocket..

About the race, no much to say... my first time on that course, so I screwed up the pacing a bit, but 2.4km also goes by very quickly, so I was maybe a bit dead after 1.5k, but it was already time to sprint for the finish.

the real surprise was that my time (9'27") was the best by far of all Master category and also better than the winner of "Elite B" and "Master 30" races... WOW...
So after maybe 17 years, I won again a cycling race...(well,,, a Master category..)

I was well behind the best riders of Elite A and Junior (1 min slower...), but my initial disappointment was tempered by the sample calculation that if you run a 3000m track race 1 minute slower than an Elite runner, it is like running 8'45-9'00", which would be already a great result for a Master...

Results are available HERE

I could not find any pic online yet


No comments: