Tuesday, February 12, 2008

European "flu"

My absence from posting is due to a holiday to Europe, holidays that started with the wrong foot and went on even worse.
Our westbound flight from Hong Kong departed late so we missed the connecting flight to the final destination. Arriving at my parents' home 6 hours later than expected made already a good start...
But the real disaster struck when, one after the other, my daughter, wife and myself felt victim of a kind of flu bug, with fever, sickness, vomitn etc, etc, etc, etc.
So the first week of our holidays was spent between bed, doctors, pharmacies....
Probably my immune systems is boosted by the physical excercise, so I "scored" only 3 days of DNR.
My daughter was indeed very close to hospitalization, but luckily now we are all back to normal and healthy again.

On a running note, I managed to have 3/4 decent runs, not much in terms of duration but good quality.
It was a very particular feeling to run again on the same running routes of my youth after so much time and with a completely new level of fitness...
On a "classical" 10K flat loop, I used to score a 38minutes, with a flat out effort. This time I hit a 35'00" with a tempo run with HR around 170....
In the time left before our departure, I MUST try a 4/5x1000m on the same strech of road where I was used to make the same workout in junior high school: in my total lack of knowledge on training and no guidance fron anyone, I used to have no aerobic base or any training plan, but only go to this stretch and run the 1k interval flat-out (around 3'20"), until I was dead and full of lactate in my legs.
Than... 3/4 days rest for recovery..
Maybe in the past 25 years, I learnt something.....

No comments: