Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Track workout breakthrough...

No, I did not run 10x1000m in 2'50"...(well... let's say not yet..., maybe)
But I DID RUN in this track, which is actually the track of 清溪第一中学..

The usage by "commoners" of sports grounds in China is completely a mistery to me... those who should be for common use are usually locked all day long unless a major sports event, but it is more likely that you can sneak in into some school sports ground before their lessons.
Despite moving to this town already 3 years ago, I always had a taboo to try my luck into entering this track. But this morning I did not feel too much to make some intervals around a a factory, I felt the need to some rubber...
All said, brief chat with the security guys at the entrance and at 6.00am sharp I was starting a modest 3x1000m to get back into interval training...
times were 3'13"-3'12'-3'11", it was nice to feel the pain of the lactic acid in my arms...
Qingxi tonw school (from Panoramio)
Apart from this, I did not follow too much the rule of "10% mileage increase"
Week 18: 0Km
Week 19: 35Km
Week 20: 72Km
all complemented by strong doses of core exercises, stretching, etc
No mistery that by sunday evening I felt like being passed over by a track....

Note: there is a strong debate about the real estate craze in China.  The pic above was taken in 2008 and by now there are at least other 3-4 mega-residential complexes (like the one which was in construction in the pic) in this small town where 90% of the population are factory workers at 200USD/mt salary...
All the apartments are snapped by eager buyers even before completion and then they lay empty or half empty for years, because the rental or purchase are beyond reach for the masses...
The brick is just a way to park the money of wealthy locals, in absence of other investment alternatives.
This said... will the bubble burst or not ?

No comments: