Thursday, March 20, 2008

depressing .... shin splints hit

too bad !!
A acute bout of shin splints hit my left leg last Tuesday morning.
it is very strange because it hit very suddenly, not even during or after a hard workout.
The root cause maybe are a combination of factors: my shoes are almost at the end of their season (all of them covered around 500M/800km), I always run on concrete and/or asphalt (no other choice) and running early in the morning is not ideal on "cold" muscle. Last Tuesday I basically rolled out of bed and went to run...
The recommended therapy seems 2 weeks or more of rest (+icing, Ibuprufen, etc) ... a real disaster in this moment of the season.
In some moments I can barely walk ... really I am at loss because I was planning to run a marathon in may to close the season and take a deserved summer "rest" ...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Occhio, mi raccomando. Nel frattempo... BUONA PASQUA!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

check out CHI RUNNING !
DANNY DREYER'S method of running means shin and calf muscle injuries can be things of the past.
http://www.chirunning.com

by7 said...

Grazie Andrea e Buona Pasqua anche a te... purtroppo correre sempre sull'asfalto o sul cemento non fa bene...