Friday, May 14, 2010

climb over....


several times I posted about the great climb I found out in the surrounding of my workplace....

earlier last year the road was still dirt and later it was paved it to make it part of a Forest park...

well.. now the park was officially opened and the road (and all the other inner roads) has been closed to bicycles...

Yesterday I got up early to reach the climb before the sun was too hot, but I got stopped by 2 guard who told me that the road is not only for pedestrians... I try to persuade them into let me in (it was 5.45am !!!) but at no avail...

So now I lost my favourite training ground in Dongguan... and there is not substitution because it was the only mountain road in the surroundings... grrrrrr

So if you fancy a nice hike or run on a steep climb..here more details about the Park (in Chinese), which is unique in Dongguan...

On the pic above, you can see the climb road cutting the mountain...

Small consolation is that I will hold the eternal record for the climb, unless further development of the situation:
- on dirt surface, with MTB: 49'
- on paved surface, with XC bike: 38'30"


Other Training:

- Mon: I felt still dead and I was busy with the work... so I gave up the idea of training
- Tue: slacked.. overslept in the morning and slacked in the evening
- WED:
am: 55km road bike ride in QX Dongguan with interval training: amazing that I managed to do 2 hours of road cycling going around the town ...
pm: to recover from the missed day and placate my guilty feelings, an easy run of 40' near home.

- THU: as mentioned... I got duped... I felt really down after realizing that no more hill training in Dongguan, anyway I rode for about 1h15' with the XC bike...

- FRI (Hong Kong): easy run 14km. It was super humid....



No comments: