Wednesday, April 11, 2012

hot week

end of term school break... a bunch of public holidays bundled in the same week...the perfect ingredients for a week at the seaside...
From Hong Kong, so we headed to Krabi, Thailand for a week...
I do not want to bother anybody with the report of my holidays, but just some glimpses of running-related information.

1) to my real surprise, most of the villages around Krabi are 99% Muslims...
I did not see a single Buddhist temple...but actually there were more Mosques there than Catholic Churches in the center of Krakow...

The Mosque just 200m from our place

















2) despite the heat, the area was beautiful for running and cycling...
the road were in good conditions and almost without any traffic and there was always the opportunity to dive into some track in the forest for some off-road
Great views and very clean air, so honestly was really a great place.

3) I did not have any specific training target, so I just headed out of the door to enjoy the air and have my 45' of running-induced pleasure.
I sneaked out at dawn (6am) and run for around 45' either on road or off-road.
Despite the temperature around 27C-29C, it did not really feel too heavy. I was sweating, but it was not the "torture like" feeling of the summer in HK. I guess that the pollution and the radiated heat from all the buildings make the difference... 
So I was able to keep "normal" training paces and work a bit on my leg turnover.
total weekly: 70k in 7 runs

4) now some pics...

not difficult to run relaxed with this view
still many wooden houses around
That was my favorite course: a track in  the forest going ahead for miles and miles (unfortunately I was not able to run it all)
road lined by rubber trees (so you know where your Latex stuff comes from)
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: